I was about to be fooled by Skype swindlers.

Last week, while I was working, a stranger with English name offered me a contact request on my skype account. This stranger was a man from UAE and his some pictures was attached on his profile neatly. His look shown in the picture is like middle-aged man wearing great beard and mustache, and hood which is kind of typical national costume for Arabian called probably keffiyeh.

When I carelessly approved his request with no doubt, not long after, he sent me message one after another. All written in English.

The first message was "Hello", and then after that he asked me "Are you ok to chat with me now."
I replied "hello" and "what's wrong? How did you get my id by the way". I after all started chatting even during work. I said above that I carelessly approved his request but honestly I expected to be able to make a connection to UAE because at present I have no business connection in Middle Eastern countries which I expect even now there are possibilities to expand own business as much as I can count on.

Moreover, Searching his name, the name listed on search results and the websites introduced on search results was almost about a vice president of a Bank in UAE which is relatively famous. I think I should've had doubt quite a few same names were flooded on the internet but I thought it was very unique name that not so many people have because I wasn't used to typical name of UAE. I thought like a fool that "Is this chance? I can trade with Dubai?"

I will summarise the content of a chat with him.

skype swindler from UAE

*********************************
Please do not be wary. I've finally reached you since I searched your family name on Skype, oh bless god.

I actually a managing director of ***bank in UAE. My client who came from your country visited us with a large diposit but he unfortunately passed away because of a sudden traffic accident. He didn't have any relatives to succeed his property and his saving account is going to be expired before long. Our executives has already known this fact and they plan to swindle his money by pretending legal transaction but I am frustrated about this plan.

His name is exactly same one with yours. I mean if you let them know you're one of relatives of him and we can get money. We gonna share the money after that ok?
*********************************


Writing out what he was talking about, it looks like just a sentence staged a scenario which leads me to one purpose but he was not actually smart swindler because he sent me almost as terrible set phrases which he had already made in advance as I could clearly understand at one sight that he repeated copy and paste one after another. He urged me "OK? or can you help me or we can be rich" in the interval of his explanation. I kept my distance from him and I tried to dodge his request like "I can't read now because I am busy now. I will reply you later ok?." After all I managed to finish chatting with him.

When I carefully checked the paper he sent me while chatting each other, I found the details of balance of the account which was consider to be possessed by a man who passed away by traffic accident. The paper said a man had 2 million US dollars.

The internet really helped me out to find warning reminder reported by a web page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This was internationally very famous method of swindling. The keywords of this story are "large deposits in a bank, please help me to deal with this, I found you accidentally" Messages will come by email or skype.

3 days later after I got a fraud message from UAE, I received skype message which gave a little bit variety to original one from a country located in South America. A man who sent this message started with "Thanks God, I am lucky enough to know you here." But what he committed a stupid blunder this time was the dead person he explained was from his country. I am Japanese. I made a bitter smile when he told me that the dead person was the same name with me because he looked for the same name on Skype.

I deleted the contact request from the UAE guy and I didn't approve South American one . I wonder they accelerated their activities in this period of time but I'm not sure why I was targeted.

Anyway, guys, you should always doubt in case unknown person offers you some requests.