Do you swap your book for woods? Secondhand bookseller's unique book swap system

How would you treat a book you've already finished reading? You go to sell your books in the lump to a secondhand bookseller or save your books in your room because you may be going to read again soon although your books go on increasing as much as those has overflowed from every bookshelves into each corner of your room.

You who sold your book to a secondhand bookseller before may notice that basically every secondhand booksellers is fu**ing stingy to beat your all books down. When I took 100 secondhand books there to sell, all money I got was only about 10 dollars. We need to accept this sad reality they try to buy our each book at around 10 cent mostly unless the book is quite popular.

Secondhand bookseller is pretty bad for individual personal seller at the point of making money. However, I found very interesting Secondhand bookseller in Australia. That bookseller has very unique rule, which you are allowed to buy books there if you bring one ore more secondhand books that you want to sell and you can buy a book at half price instead.

So if you take one book there, you can get the right to get a book at half price. Of course, if you take 2 books there, you can buy 2 books at half price of each two books and if you take 3, you can buy 3 at half price of each 3 books. In short, this system is that users can be allowed to buy as much books as the number of books they take to give them at half price of each books.

User side has merit to get books much cheaper instead of getting money and bookseller side also has merit to reduce their burden to buy new stocks and increase a high turnover of book stocks because all customers must buy some when visiting to bring some books there. It is quite similar to the system of free book swap inherited by tourists or backpackers in the quite cheap dorm type hostel in the world. When I traveled to Australia for 2 months I always took advantage of this system and could read as many books as I wanted on my way down to the next destination and when I went to a very beautiful touring spot which locals only knew where public transportation was out of service, I couldn't help getting a lift for hitchhiking to get there and I waited quite long time for a car which I wasn't sure they allowed me to get in along a national road, books which I got from a book swap shelf really helped me out of fu**ing boring time to wait for a car.

Anyway, I'm really sure this system is very good both for bookseller and for customers. Sometimes I think it's much worther getting new books in exchange for your secondhand books to expand your scope which you can make the most of your life than just getting money.

By the way, while ago, "Takamoku" Japanese secondhand bookseller which had developed very unique book swap system in Fukushima Prefecture were talked about by people. If you take books there you can get a part of "woods"or "grove" which the owner possesses instead of money. He said "it is going to be more wonderful to exchange beautiful nature for your book than your books are beaten down quite cheaply. Oh my.... How wonderful it is.